Whether the need is short-term or long-term… Look to Jane’s Place Adult Day Services!
We are a Great Choice for Daytime Socialization and Respite Care.
- Jane’s Place is Eastern Iowa’s only licensed Adult Day Service; an intermediate step in care and alternative to long-term care living
- Safe, positive home-like environment, individualized care plans, monitoring and assistance by trained staff; including a Registered Nurse
- Structured social, therapeutic activities and delicious meals to create purpose, maintain well-being and enhance quality of life
- Family and caregiver support, including daytime respite care and guidance
- Active participants at Jane’s Place Adult Day Services have decreased hospital readmission and have had the ability to stay in their current living setting 13 months longer
- Jane’s Place offers 2 FREE TRIAL DAYS
- If you have a client that may benefit from Adult Day Services, please print and complete this form, and we will contact them - Jane's Place Referral Form
Jane’s Place Adult Day Services is designed for adults living with brain injuries, intellectual disabilities, Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, Parkinson’s, physical or social impairments. We offer a safe, secure and structured day of social, therapeutic activities and delicious meals to promote wellness and enhance quality of life. Families can continue their daily routine or have a break from caregiving responsibilities with peace-of-mind their loved one’s needs are being met in a nurturing environment.
Jane’s Place Adult Day Service is licensed through the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals and abides by state guidelines for admission, retention, discharge and staffing.
- Breakfast is served from 7:00 - 8:00 am with a morning snack provided around 9:30 am.
- Lunch is served at 11:30 am with afternoon snacks provided around 2:00 pm.
- Meals and snacks are compliant with the Older American Act.
Monday through Friday, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Arts and Crafts
- Bible Study
- Chair Exercises
- Interactive Games
- Mystery Chef
- NuStep Exercise
- Pet Therapy
- Physical Games
- Table Games
- Word Games
- Walking Club
Each participant has an Individualized Service Plan identifying care needs. Our trained, compassionate staff can assist with:
- Activity engagement
- Restroom reminders and hygiene care
- Medication administration and reminders
- Registered Nurse on site 3 days a week
- Family/Caregiver transport
- River Bend Transit offers round trip
- Private transportation companies
Attendance & Pricing
- Minimum of 1 day per week
- May attend Monday through Friday
- $80.45 per day, Monday thru Friday, includes meals, snacks and activities
- Talk with a CASI Senior Advocate to learn more about financial programs and benefits
Jane’s Place accepts the following payment sources:
- Iowa HealthLink (Iowa Medicaid)
- Brain Injury Waiver
- Intellectual Disability Waiver
- HIV Waiver
- Health and Disability Waiver
- Elderly Waiver
- Veteran’s Administration (VA) Benefits
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Private Pay
“I work during the day and before coming to Jane’s Place my mom was alone at home, usually watching TV. At Jane’s Place she has met new friends and we treasure the pieces she makes in the ceramics class. I can see a change in her.”
“After my mother died, my father moved in with us. He has been showing signs of confusion and memory loss, and his doctor suggested Jane’s Place. Dad is a veteran, and VA benefits have helped to pay for the three days he attends each week. Dad looks forward to going to Jane’s Place, seeing his friends, and especially enjoys playing billiards with some of the other guys.”
“I wish I would have known this was available sooner. It has allowed me time to myself to carry out daily ordinary tasks.”
“At first he was reluctant as was I to attend. I didn’t know if he would continue to be able to attend. Now after a few weeks he looks forward to coming to Jane’s Place and wants to attend every day.”
"I have seen a steady improvement in my aunt's physical, mental and social well-being. The many scheduled activities allow her to socialize, be physically active and stimulate her thinking."
To learn more, please contact: Crystal Hughes, Program Administrator 563.386.7477 Ext. 246 or email [email protected].
Caregivers Support Group
Jane's Place Adult Day Services at CASI invites area caregivers to participate in a Caregiver Support Group. Unite with other family caregivers to share stories, tips, and resources to help cope with caregiving struggles. Sessions include interactive activities and communication demonstrations for caregiving and caregiver discussion. All family caregivers are welcome. You do not need to be a CASI member or enrolled at Jane's Place to attend, and no registration is required.
The group meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month at CASI from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm.
To provide services that promote independence and enrich the lives of older adults through
socialization, health and wellness, and supportive services.