Giving Appreciated Securities to CASI
Giving Appreciated Securities is a Step by Step Process
- You hold stock for more than one year and a day.
- Your stock appreciates in value.
- You decide that you want to make a gift to CASI.
- You decide to donate the appreciated stock and you call CASI to let us know so that we can be watching for the gift.
- You send a letter of instruction or authorization to your brokerage firm to transfer shares to CASI.
- You take a charitable deduction for the stock’s fair market value on the day you give it to CASI.
- You don’t pay capital gains tax on the increased value of the stock (like you would have if you sold the stock and gave CASI a cash gift).
- You let CASI know what matters most to you at CASI, and we make sure your gift supports what you care about.
- Your gift is put to excellent use to support Quad Cities area seniors through Jane’s Place Adult Day Services, Senior Advocacy or the hundreds of activities and programs planned annually at CASI.
Thank you for considering support for CASI. If you are looking for additional information, please contact Sue Rector, Development Director, at 563.3865.7477 Ext. 229 or via email at [email protected].
To provide services that promote independence and enrich the lives of older adults through
socialization, health and wellness, and supportive services.