Charitable IRA Rollover
Are you 72 or older?
Do you have an IRA with a required minimum distribution?
You could use an IRA Rollover to provide important support for CASI.
For several years the IRS has provided the opportunity for a direct distribution from an IRA to a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which provides a donation to the organization and tax advantage to the donor.
You Might Want to Consider Making a Gift to CASI in 2022 with an IRA Rollover if:
- You do not itemize deductions but make charitable gifts, OR
- You are subject to the limitation on itemized deductions, OR
- You are required to take a distribution from your IRA that you just don’t need.
IRA required minimum distributions are taxable income. If you do not need all or part of your required distribution this year, you can make a gift to CASI with the charitable rollover of up to $100,000 per person and avoid having those funds roll into your income stream.
Please check with your financial advisor for information about your personal situation.
Contact CASI to let us know of your support and a particular area for your support.
Contact your IRA provider and request he/she distribute an amount of your choice directly to CASI, noting your name on the distribution. Thank you.
A Donation Through Your IRA Distribution Can Support:
- All CASI programs and activities through an undesignated gift which will be directed to an area of greatest need
- Senior Advocacy Program
- Jane's Place Adult Day Services
- Be a Fan to a Senior
- Senior SECRET Santa
- Other events, programs or activities
Thank you for considering support for CASI. If you are looking for additional information, please contact Sue Rector, Development Director, at 563.3865.7477 Ext. 229 or via email at [email protected].
To provide services that promote independence and enrich the lives of older adults through
socialization, health and wellness, and supportive services.