Fitness: Why It's Important
According to healthguide.org, as you grow older, an active lifestyle is more important than ever.
Regular exercise can:
- Help boost energy
- Maintain your independence
- Manage symptoms of illness or pain
- Reverse some of the symptoms of aging
Exercise is good for your body and good for your mind, mood and memory!
Whether you are generally healthy or are managing an illness, there are plenty of ways to get more active, improve confidence, and boost your fitness. Exercise and strength training help you look and feel younger and stay active longer. Regular physical activity lowers your risk for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer’s and dementia, heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer, high blood pressure, and obesity.
- Up-to-date, senior-friendly equipment
- Convenient location
- Easy, convenient parking
- Great place to extend physical therapy
- Enjoyable strength training
- Friendly staff
- Men's & women’s locker rooms
- Walking track
- Low-Impact Exercise class designed specifically for older adults 50+
Fitness Center Hours
|Monday||7:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday||7:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||7:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Thursday||7:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|Friday||7:00 am – 4:00 pm|
To provide services that promote independence and enrich the lives of older adults through
socialization, health and wellness, and supportive services.